Vice President Joe Biden last year earned $20,900 in rental income from the Secret Service, which is paying him to host agents on his property so they can protect him.
Most high-profile people in need of protection pay people to keep them safe. Government officials are allowed to have taxpayers pick up the tab. Biden is unique in that he actually gets paid by his bodyguards for the right to protect him.
Biden’s tax records list rental income of $20,900 from a “cottage” on is property, which is reportedly being leased by the Secret Service and paid for at a rate that could earn him even more money next year.
Biden took deductions for mortgage interest and taxes that allowed him to report only $12,653 of the amount on his federal tax return.
Among the $5,540 in charitable donations were $1,000 to the UN World Food Program; $1,080 to the Northern Virginia Community College Alumni Scholarship Fund; $1,000 to the Diocese of Wilmington; Delaware; $360 to a breast health initiative launched by Dr. Jill Biden; and $50 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
$50 to the Wounded Warrior Project? He knew his tax records would be made public, this is like a $50 smack in the face to the US Military.
Biden didn’t make the $20,900 from the Secret Service. The Secret Service money is not their own, it is ours!
- Biden Earned $21,000 Last Year From the Secret Service (whitehousedossier.com)
- Your tax dollars not at work. – Tea Party Nation (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Joe Biden And Wife Pay $87,900 In US Taxes (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Obamas And Bidens Release 2011 Tax Returns (npr.org)
- Joe Biden Joins Twitter to Assist in Obama Campaign (inquisitr.com)