Ted Nugent‘s recent verbal assault against the Obama administration at an NRA convention caught the attention of the Secret Service. But The Hill reports that Secret Service agents paid Nugent a visit earlier today and appear to be satisfied his comments held no real threat to the president.
The conservative rocker sounded equally pleased to see the matter amicably resolved.
Nugent told CNN in a statement the interview was a “good, solid, professional meeting concluding that I have never made any threats of violence towards anyone. The meeting could not have gone better. I thanked them for their service, we shook hands and went about our business. God bless the good federal agents wherever they may be.
I have to believe that the agents were embarassed to show up at Ted’s door. There will be a day when the Secret Service is filled with Nazi SS types, then Pelosi won’t have to amend the 1st Amendment to limit political speech.
- Nugent cleared after ‘good, professional meeting’ with Secret Service (thehill.com)
- Fox News Confirms: Ted Nugent Cleared By Secret Service, ‘No Further Action Anticipated’ (mediaite.com)
- Secret Service closes case on Ted Nugent’s remarks (newsok.com)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Ted Nugent Explains Violent Political Comments (armyofawesomepeople.com)
- Secret Service closes case on Nugent’s remarks (cbsnews.com)